Wednesday 12 September 2012

Tiny Stories




A Broken Bauble

Jassina sat there looking miserable, which was good, I wanted her to feel miserable because anyone who breaks another person’s glass bauble should feel miserable! It was the nicest thing I’d ever seen and it was mine and now it’s shards. Worst. Best friend ever. My Nonna gave it to me for my birthday last year, I told her a liked the ones she had on her Christmas tree and when I asked her why we didn’t have pretty glass baubles hanging up all the time she told me she didn’t know… but maybe we should. Mum told me afterward that Nonna gave me a Christmas decoration for my birthday because she had dementors… but I told mum they weren’t real, and anyway they don’t usually bother muggles. I thought it was the best present I got, probably the best present I ever got. Now I know it was. Nonna died a little while after that. Mum kept telling me that she’s in Heaven, so I guess that’s not so bad.

Jassina left after she broke my bauble, I was really angry at her and I told her I hated her. She said she’d give me her blue glass fish from when she was on holidays in Queensland, but I told her I didn’t want it and she had to go, so she did. I feel bad about telling her I hate her, I don’t think I do really. After she left mum asked me why Jassina left so quickly, I said I don’t know, she said that Jassina was crying, I said “she shouldn’t be; she hasn’t got a right to.” I closed my door on my mum. I don’t usually do that but I thought she’d understand, because I know I looked really upset.

I tip-toed over to my bed because there was still glass on the floor, I hopped up on my bed and leaned over to pick up the biggest piece of glass I could see. It had a purple and gold swirl on it. I missed Nonna right then, and I hoped there weren't any dementors in Heaven, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be though. I bet there are glass baubles that are hung up all around the place and they never take them down or pack them away, at least I hope so, she’d really like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.