Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Jigsaw




The Jigsaw

Break me open
Make me red
See the unguent oozing from my wounds
Reading pasts, futures
See my human-ness in the red on your hands

Come on dear
Find courage
Smash my bones, throw me down by the sea
Where we played in youth
Half of me will go back to it, liquid. Flowing free

Brace your hands
Seize me tightly
When you are ready breathe deep, seething
Then pull me apart
Piece by piece, tearing each part of me away

Pack me up
Keep each piece
Place the bits of me in a suitcase
Take me with you
Drive for an hour, we’ll go to the countryside

Lay me out
Red and broken
Start with my hands, put me back together
End with my heart
I’m a funny jigsaw but, we can make me

Better

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.