Friday 24 August 2012

Absent Friends and Brilliant Memories




Counting Moments of Awesome

Today, as I was swinging on the chandelier I was thinking God, please don’t let this break… and also let me be this wild when I have a real job. I was pretty glad it didn’t break because it looked super expensive. I think it was the second funnest part of my day; the funnest part was when you arrived, and all the minutes we were together. The best thing about opening the door and seeing you is knowing that the best hug of my day is about to happen. Yours is the best hug because you squeeze like you mean it, and hugging someone who means it is the best feeling in the world.

The third best part of my day was hunting for the possum in the roof, I wasn’t in the roof, but the possum was. I took the broom and went about tapping the ceiling with it. I don’t know how to get rid of the possum, I don’t want to kill it, if it was a rat I’d kill it, but possums are better than rats. I kind of feel like they have a right to roofs, no one else is using them anyway, but he (or she) has been keeping me awake. That’s how I know it’s a possum, it is only busy at night.

The fourth best part of my day was learning how to knit a purl stitch, it’s important to know these things, just in case all of the sewing machines in the world stop working all at once and fall apart. This way I’ll know how to make my own clothes… I might have to learn how to spin wool.

The fifth best part was right after dinner, I sat cross-legged on the lawn and stared up at the stars and I felt like you would be doing the same thing, except on your lawn. My cousin came and sat next to me and she held my hand and asked me if I remembered playing Marco Polo in the swimming pool when we were kids. I did. She squeezed my hand and laughed, then she said “Man, how long ago was that?” I said it was over ten years she said “Far out, how’d we grow up so fast?” I said “I’m not quite done with that yet.” We both laughed. Twenty is weird.

The sixth best part of my day was when I climbed into bed, and as I waited for my body to warm the sheets my phone flashed blue and buzzed on my bedside table. It was a message from you ‘I had fun today, I’m glad you’re back.’ I wrote back ‘Me too.” And I went to sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.